noun, plural res·i·den·cies.
- residence(def 3).
- the position or tenure of a medical resident.
- (formerly) the official residence of a representative of the British governor general at a native Indian court.
- (formerly) an administrative division of the Dutch East Indies.
noun plural -cies
- a variant of residence
- a regular series of concerts by a band or singer at one venue
- US and Canadian the period, following internship, during which a physician undergoes further clinical training, usually in one medical speciality
- (in India, formerly) the official house of the governor general at the court of a native prince
- The period during which a physician gets specialized clinical training.